There were some cons, too
: a complicated conference login procedure (you have to enter two different passwords to confirm login), and mobile phone viewers can't enjoy all functions available. In the Facebook comments, a Global Dialogue colleague of mine told me that you could log in directly using a link sent via email, but I didn't find out about this until after the session. In my opinion, Interprefy gets an A-.
In conclusion, I would like to thank the speakers for their amazingly thorough preparation, informative presentations and full engagement in the process:
- Olga Glotova: an independent interpreter and teacher of English and Russian phonetics;
- Lyudmila Oberfeld: an independent interpreter, author of a course on mastering new topics for simultaneous interpreters;
- Julia Poger: a professional translator, AIIC member, author of the Know Your Worth: Understanding Marketing for Interpreters workshop;
- Chris Guichot de Fortis: Lead NATO Interpreter, AIIC member, Co-director of the Cambridge Conference Interpreting Course,
- Michelle Hof, an interpreter and trainer, member of the AIIC and AIB Consultant Translator.
Over the next few days of the forum, participants kept thanking me for the session; though, of course, it is our wonderful speakers that deserve all the credit.